has it really been a month??

They say as you get older time flies...well that's not true it screams like a cheetah on fire past you...a mere second ago I was surrounded by blue water...eating tacos by moon light at the plaza principal...or watching the sunrise over the Caribbean...But now I am back...to the reality of the moment...back doing what I love and hate at the same time...Back in a country so lost and misguided that i fear we are as close to demise...as we have ever been..
But no politics today...today is my "mis en place"...my things in their place... I love cooking...creating..seeing something come to fruition on paper... and then...live in a dining room...its why i do it...I love teaching what I know to my staff and watching them get better...well some of them...it is a very satisfying way of life...immediate in it's praise and its disapproval...what do I hate...the look in my owners eyes after a slow week in august...dreams dashed...hope in short supply ...but if I am being honest... I have to tell you that all of my restaurants have had great food...they have almost all been pretty and well designed...but more than I'd like to admit have failed because its hard times on the beaches in August and September...and right now...in this country...its hard times everywhere...so for today we live in the tiny successes of the moment...we have people at the bar...even if they are bitching because i only have bud light... in the bottle and not on tap...oh and another thing i hate...with everything inside me...besides Michelle Bachman...oops sorry...SHOCKTOP on tap...there I said it!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

irritation to this old man's sandy taint

on the role of white indignation

goodbye ted