my friend beardo...


so I am sitting home adding some music to my i phone...headphones on ...the niece is sleeping ...so are the dog and the beautiful girl for that matter...but to the point...it is music ...music that my friend gives me...we live far away..but not that far from our memories of the can...sitting on that beat up couch..him trying to force me to open my minds eye to Zappa...screaming over this riff or that line...he still gives to all of us at Bandana's with spinner...but today its a couple of cds... 1500 songs to be exact... we made on my last trip up...drinkin martinis...smokin cigars...and letting him do what he does the bestest...throwing music up...saying "heard of him sunshine?'..." ohh he's so fuckin strange you'll love it'...so todays its Llyod Spiegal, Guy Forsyth, Hamilton Loomis and lest i forget David Midgen and the dirty words..." one by one"...screaming in my headset...I always loved music...the one thing i know i can't do...i can only appreciate...but until Beardo I entertained other music...a weird, almost in comprehensible interest in late eighties british club music...female songwriters...and dare to mention top forty..there i said it...face the devil people...but with beardo it was new loves...the Palladins...los lobos...john hiatt...Daniel lanois...the beautiful girl brought...ibrahim ferrier and all things latin...but no one openned my ears like you... thanks my brother...life is so much fuller and flavorfull cause you and susu walked on by...tossed a cd and a bottle of hot sauce on the table...check it out...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

irritation to this old man's sandy taint

on the role of white indignation

goodbye ted