moments that change your life


Damn its cold down here...seriously its going to sleet tonight...you haven't lived till you see snow and palm trees at the same time...I thought I left this all behind when I left Pa. almost fifteen years ago...I am sitting here today and realized how that little trip to see my grandmother has altered the path...I was married then and living in a little cottage with my dog and my friends around me...I was thirty eight...i had traveled a bit and was seemingly content...and then it hit me...that desire to change my future...so of course blindly, rashly, i did...I have never been one for planning or forethought...I just did it ...sold everything and popped up in florida...my wife followed, she was a good egg...and i lost my mind and her along the way...some called it a mid life crisis, which of course it had all the earmarks of being...but to me it was... regrettably...inevitable...don't get me wrong I have plenty of regrets...behaviors and weaknesses have cost me dearly... i have hurt some wonderful people...my first wife springs to mind...and I endured some not so great people...my second wife...but it has all led me to this guy scratching at a keyboard...I have found some of my true loves of life...I still love to create...whether on a plate or in my shop, messing with my furniture...I love to take pictures...and to see the world through my lens...Travel...man the world is so big...there is so much to see... and you keep those memories like Polaroids in your mind...and lastly...the beautiful girl...we have discovered so many places together... someday I'll tell you all about them...but not today...its to the restaurant... cheffies chicken pot pies for the staff...stay warm my friends, even those in florida...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

irritation to this old man's sandy taint

goodbye ted

boom