like so many others...

its been almost seven months...my fingers are on my hand...and i am learning how to do things all over again...and i am out of work...this is something new to me...i worked hard to reach a certain point in my career...its been almost a couple of decades...running kitchens...i am pretty good at it...i have an imagination...a desire to keep learning...to improve my craft...but i am up against it...like millions of very qualified americans i can't find work...i have been told i am over-qualified...too old...not corporate enough...lots of reasons...some may even be about my new challenges...my hand...but that is not what this missive is about...its about not working...and all the people like me that find themselves without a job...i find it humiliating...i feel less of the man i was such a short time ago...so many of us in the same boat...people with tremendous amounts of education and experience...lives spent honing a craft...it reduces you, diminishes you daily...i watch kids I have trained go to work...enjoy or hate what they are doing...but ...they are working...look... i know i could do something else...i have actually interviewed for other types of work...only to be told that my experience isn't what they are looking for...each time you put yourself out there...and they reject you...for whatever reason...you are diminished...and i think about all the people across this country in my situation...and it makes me...wonder...what will become of us all...we all can't go bankrupt...we all can't fall on the government for assistance...i haven't done that yet...i am naive...i think that if i keep sending out my resume ...the phone will ring...after all i am cheffie...but i would take...just being keith...and i am sure a whole lot of other folks would jump at the same chance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

irritation to this old man's sandy taint

on the role of white indignation

goodbye ted